Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Our Mother's

As Mother's Day approaches I think back of all the things my mother did for me. She was always there when I needed her and I am so thankful that she was. So I wanted to talk to you about things concerning our mothers and ourselves. The other day I was talking with my Mom and  we were talking about when she got  married. She was very young when she got married and first of all she eloped. Out of the blue a question popped in my mind. Mom,I asked ! Do you remember the dress you got married with? She is 92 and she replied " Yes I remember, I borrowed it from my aunt and it was black with pink flowers. She said the saying at the time was If you wear black you wish yourself back. grin. But I never thought of asking her that question before. Now another thing my Mom told me was when she was young her mother used to cut her hair and she cut it square all around with a bang in front. Mom said she hated that hairdo and after she got married she never cut her hair until way later in life. She said she wore it in a bun most of the time and said her hair was below her waist. Then Mom told me after she got married they moved in with my Dad's parents and family and Dad's family was a big family and poor and Mom told me she took some flour bags sewed them together and made sheets for the beds, now you have to remember my Mom was a very young girl at the time, barely fifteen.  She sewed all our clothes as we were growing ,knitted us mittens and stockings .I am so pleased that they have made an annual celebration to honor all the mothers . They honestly deserve their very own special day. Why did I title this blog Our Mothers? Well because I wanted to ask you to talk with your mothers and grandmothers, ask them about themselves, what they loved to do, their favorite colors, what they remember about growing up. Who were their favorite movie actors? What kinds of books did they read? What were their parents like? Then write their answers down in a little book or online or record it. Our mothers will not be with us forever, I know some of you have already lost yours and I bet you would love to have asked them so many things. Don't wait! Do it soon.  When Mother's day arrives, show them your love and appreciation, a card, some flowers , or gifts. I have added a few cards from my store and a pretty mug ,there are lots of various mugs and cards at http://www.zazzle.com/allicor*    

No comments:

Post a Comment