Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Are you Irish?

Or do you wish you were Irish?First of all Happy Saint Patrick's Day. I am sure there are many celebrations going on around the world. During the great potato famine, many Irishmen had to leave their homes and friends in search of another home and another place to be able to survive. Thinking about it, it sure must have been hard leaving your homeland for destinations unknown. I often talked about our ancestors coming to North America to make a new life. What was their first reactions? Strange lands, native people, unknown animals. It must have been scary! And for the Irish who remained in Ireland during the great famine, it sure must have been hard times. Have you ever been to Ireland? I have never been there but I saw many images and what I saw were beautiful sceneries. I don't have any Irish ancestors that I know of. I do know there was a Roger Kuessy or Casey who came to Acadie from Cork Ireland so many Caissie's are descendants of his. So if you do have some Irish blood ,be proud of it and of who you are. Without your Irish ancestor you would not be here today.  I love Celtic music, it has an eerie haunting sound to it.  To all of you celebrating, stay safe, drive very carefully, if you drink get another driver who isn't drinking.  Better to be safe than sorry.  Now changing the subject, I am going to add a few items here which you can find at http://www.zazzle.com/allicor*    If you plan on stopping by, have your favorite beverage handy because there is lots to see. There are folders inside of folders so enjoy. Have a great day or night.........
 

No comments:

Post a Comment