Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

Summer Time

Hello everyone, well for many of you soon it will be summertime, have you planned a trip yet? I remember my late husband worked for the railway and we had free passes to go anywhere across Canada and everytime our vacations came, I would keep saying to him, Where are we going to go on our vacation? We used to go to Ontario to visit his sister and this paticular year we decided to go to see Niagara Falls. We had to make it a short visit because from there we had to take the train elsewhere so it was a one night thing. And I wanted to see the falls at night time. Anyway that afternoon we went across to Niagara Falls on the American side just for a look around. While we were there, my husband decided to get himself a pint of vodka. That was fine, we returned to our hotel room, with plenty of time to see the Falls lit up. Well he started drinking  his vodka, one drink led to another and another and another, and the first thing I knew he was passed out, and no way hosay could I wake him up. So I did not get a chance to see the Falls at night. The next day we were leaving on the train. My husband was very sorry that he did not get to show me the Falls and I would never have ventured out alone. All of a sudden he picked up the empty pint of Vodka and examined it and we were totally surprised because come to find out, the Vodka was 100 Proof. No wonder he passed out.....But we did return to the see the falls again and it was a beautiful trip the next time, and no, he never drank at all on the trip... Another trip we took was we called a trip to nowhere, we crossed into Maine USA and crossed back through the mountains in the fall coming out near Granby Quebec, what a beautiful sight to see, with the leaves changing colors. Sometimes a trip to nowhere can bring you a real sense of adventure. Now I have been creating some products and I would like to share them, one is an image of an old canal in Utrecht in The Netherlands, what a beautiful scenery, and if you are going to Paris, check these items. You can find all of these at http://www.zazzle.com/allicor* Enjoy and thanks for reading my blog, sometimes they may be more interesting than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment