Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

Shopping online

Why shop online? Well now many shoppers are going online these days. Why? Well for one thing it saves you from going out in bad weather. It saves you on parking and you don't have to look for a parking place in a busy lot. Online shopping is convenient because you do it in the comfort of your own home. But many times we need credit cards to shop unless you go through something like pay pal or click banks . So when using your credit card you have to be careful. Never ever give out your credit card information in an email. It isn't safe to do that because outside parties can sometimes read them. Always use a credit card not a debit card if possible.
When you buy something, only give your information when you proceed to the check out.  Be careful shopping if the deals look to be too good to be true then it could be a scam. Check your bank statements often to make sure what is on it is what you ordered or spent.
Make sure your server is up to date, and when you are ready to buy something  in the url check to see if there is an S after http: HTTPS  that means it is secure. You may also see a closed padlock on the address bar or right corner of the window . I have also seen a green address bar saying a trustworthy site.
Another thing i would do is keep all my softward up to date, (automatic updates) and use a firewall, antivirus,anti spyware sofware you can find many of these free at download.com  A good free firewall is zone alarm you can find it at www.zonelabs.com  .
If you take precautions ,credit cards can be safer online than in restaurants for example. So be smart, be careful and shopping online can be fun.
Now I have a site where you can shop, You read my blogs and you have seen many of my products. I keep adding more as I go such as these products I did yesterday. You can find these and more at http://www.zazzle.com/allicor*    Remember only give your card information when you proceed to check out  it will ask your information then.  One final note : I was told that we should change our passwords often and make sure we create strong passwords, something easy for us to remember but harder for others to guess and make a note of your passwords as you change them. I have a place (not online) that I keep all my usernames and passwords . These passwords that I mean are any sites you belong to that you need a user name and password.
I hope I have helped someone in some way . Shop online but shop wisely.
Have a great day
Allicor

1 comment:

  1. Our online clothing boutique gives you the latest fashions and trends.
    See our latest dresses and see why we beat the other online boutique clothing stores.

    boutique shopping online

    ReplyDelete