Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

Time and Clocks

Did you know that the clock is one of the oldest human inventions? It is an instrument to  co ordinate time. Without a clock or a watch where would be be? We need to know the time to keep our doctor's appointment, to tell us to get up to send our spouses to work and our children to school. None of the first clocks from the 13th century Europe survived but there were mentions about them in church records.
In 1336 Richard of Wallingford made a clock .
Wallingford's clock had a large astrolabe-type dial, showing the sun, the moon's age, phase, and node, a star map, and possibly the planets. In addition, it had a wheel of fortune and an indicator of the state of the tide atLondon Bridge .. Bells rang every hour, the number of strokes indicating the time. The Salisbury Cathedral Clock that was built in 1386 is said to be the world's oldest mechanical clock surviving.
Clocks have been popular for ages, from wall clocks to alarm clocks, to pocket watches and watches. We need a clock or a watch to remind us to take our medications, to be at the bus stop for our children. Clocks comes in many styles, colors and shapes. There are clocks for the kitchen, clocks for the living room and even a grandfather clock for the hallway. But having a different clock than your neighbor, is something to think about. I have a cow clock and when my friends stop by they notice it. So that makes me feel good. An engineer needs to know what time to arrive at his destination. Time is universal, everybody needs to know the time. So I have created some clocks that I will share with you, and I intend on making more of them, so you can find them at two places, first is in my clock folder at http://www.zazzle.com/allicor*  and in my wall clock folder at http://www.zazzle.com/boot_eek*  , Enjoy and  thanks for the visit I do hope you will share my stores with your friends and family. Chow for now. Aline.

No comments:

Post a Comment