Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

Faith and Hope

Today I would like to blog about virtues, and one of the virtues is Faith, and one is Hope. There are many others but these are the ones I would like to talk about in my blog. You heard the saying, you gotta have Faith and you have to have Hope.

What is Faith? Faith is trust in something. What about Hope? Hope is expect and desire things. We hope that things will work out for us. We have faith that things will happen. Well why am I talking about these virtues? I will tell you why!

My Mom had a stroke (a major stroke) last month. Things were not looking too good for her back then. She lost her use of her left hand and cannot walk (Yet)

She is on a feeding tube, and we did not think she would ever eat again. What a sad thing to have happened to my dear Mom. The physiotherapists tried working with her but they thought they could do nothing for her because she could not sit up straight. Well Mom has her right mind and she kept saying, they won’t let me try!

They don’t know what I can do! They think I can’t do it! But ,she said “ Let me try!” Mom was very hopeful and figured she could do something. So finally the therapists came in, maybe thinking nothing was going to change. So they sat Mom on the side of the bed to see if she could sit up, Yes she did, she said she knew she could, they made her reach out different ways to see if she would lose her balance but she proved that she could do what they asked. She had Faith .

Then yesterday the speech therapist brought her down to do a swallow test, to see where the food would be going, Mom could not do the cookie test because her dentures didn’t fit but she did the swallow liquid test. Before the therapist came to give us the results Mom said “ I hope that she will say I can swallow!”. Right after that the therapist came in and said , “ your throat is ok, you can swallow, it is going down the right way ,so we are going to start you on puree and liquids. Mom loves the soup and jello at the hospital so now she will be able to have some. Seeing Mom has progressed so well, then Faith and Hope are good virtues to have. I do hope Mom keeps improving and to add I would like to say my Mom is 92 years old.

So to all of you out there, thinking there is no Hope, please have Faith ,because you

Never ever know what lies ahead. Do not give up, keep on trying and hoping and also praying is not a bad idea. I have created a few articles in my store that would be appropriate for my blog today. You can find the shirt in my tee shirt folder, the mug in my mug folder, the button or badge in my button folder and the keychain in my miscellaneous folder at

http://www.zazzle.com/allicor
*

Have a great day

Allicor

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Posterous <post@posterous.com> wrote:
posterous
SUCCESS
 
 
Your Post is Ready
 

Your email has been posted!

 
Click to view your new post
 
Do you want to edit or remove this post? Click here to edit or remove
 
 

Sent by Posterous. Change your email settings or unsubscribe Other questions? We'd love to help.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment