Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Why we should take Pictures

Hello everyone, as you know there are so many blogs out there, some are so interesting, that many will follow them in order to keep up with their stories and news. So it is very hard to find something that will be of interest to all of you in my blogs.

Today I would like to blog about a couple of things. First of all , in some of my other blogs at other places (I have many blogs ) one is Acadian roots and I believe in that blog I talked about photos and memories ,today I would like to blog some more on this topic.

A picture of a photograph has so many stories to tell if you can read them. For example ,if you look through your parents or grandparent’s photo album and find a photo of one of your ancestors. By looking at the photo you see how they were dressed back then, you see how they wore their hair, what kind of shoes or boots they had on, look in the photo, what do you see in the background? An old chair that would be an antique today? Or an old building? Or even a dog or a cat or some small children. Compare that photo to one of today’s photo, see the changes. If you are writing a diary or a family tree, comment on that photo, make copies of the photo ,add one in your family tree book. I am going to add an invitation to a family reunion that I made yesterday, you will see the old photo which happens to be my great grandparents,this was taken in a lumber camp in Maine, and my Mom had told me that her grandfather worked in a lumber camp so I have a photo to go along with the story. But this is not the only reason that I am talking about photos, there is another important reason. Some people hate having their photos taken, for what reason? Well maybe some folks think they are not good looking? Too fat? Too thin? Don’t take good pictures? That is all balony, because by not having any photos of yourself you are depriving your children and grandchildren on having photos and memories of you. And you can be cross eyes, pigeon toed, tall, short,fat, no teeth, or buck teeth, but you have to remember your children and grandchildren love you for what your are, no matter what.

My daughter in law whom I love with all my heart , is one or was one who did not like her photo taken, now she is changing and I am so very happy and she never had any photos of herself as a baby or her parents, because photos were not their thing. Since then her parents and sister passed away and lo and behold a few days ago some photos of her and her family surfaced and she is walking on air, she is overwhelmed with emotions and now she can share them with her children who can pass them down to their children years from now. Cameras are selling cheap now days, you can download the photos on a DVD or CD and finish them so there is no excuse, take your camera and take pictures, make sure you write what is on the photos ,save them, share them. If you like old photos go to my Facebook group called Old Photos of New Brunswick Canada group and you will see awesome photos of places in New Brunswick and even some people too.

Now the second thing I want to talk about is coming events. Soon it will be time for Family Reunions, Baby Showers are plentiful, as are weddings, and parties, it is not too early to start planning the parties reunions, showers, so get your pens and paper ready and start planning, who to invite, what to do, where to hold the party, a theme for the party or shower and order your invitations early. I have created many invitations some are funny ,some are nice, These are my latest creationg . You can find all of these in my greeting card folder at

http://www.zazzle.com/allicor
* Enjoy.

Until next time ,have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment