Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Good Deeds and Rewards

Well I haven't blogged in a while, so here I am. I have been going back and forth to hospitals to visit sick patients,one of them being my Mom . Mom is in rehab and doing quite well . I am very pleased with that. She had taken a stroke ,she is 92 and has more determination than lots of younger persons on her floor. She improved from a feeding tube to eating, from not walking to walking with a walker, from not talking to talking and her hand is slowly improving.  Never say or even think you cannot do something, never ever give. Mom told me the other day, that when she was very young her teacher told her ,there is no such word as "can't". Anyway getting to the reason for the title of this blog. Every Monday and Saturdays, the rehab floor at the hospital has a mini bingo game. And you should see the patient's eyes sparkle when they win something. So I went to the store and bought some stuffed toys, bears,cows,kittens,pigs,rabbits and so on and brought them in as prizes. Those prizes went by so fast and I saw these beautiful smiles on these ladies faces. It made me feel good, it made me feel as if I had contributed something for these patients. My Mom plays ,she wins the plushed toys and gives them to her great grandchildren as so other ladies. Now they are having so much fun that they are thinking of making a mini Bingo on Wednesdays too.
That is not all! There is this little four year old boy who was in a housefire and is in the burn unit and he now walks everywhere and he saw the bingo game and asked if he could play. We told him he could come play on Saturday and he went and told him mommy he is gonna play bingo just like her on Saturday. We asked him what he wanted to win, he said a firetruck. So we are going to buy him one, have a bingo game let everyone know we are going to let him win, and he will get his firetruck. Today on my way home from the hospital I stopped at the store and picked up twenty dollars worth of prizes, the ladies are going to be so pleased at the next bingo.
Now on another note, I would like to mention, on an earlier post I had blogged a tee shirt for the Japan Earthquake Relief Center, well since them I have removed it from my products because the folks who had said they would donate ten dollars for each shirt informed me that they were unable to do it in my case and others like me, so I removed the shirt as I thought it was the best thing to do. So instead of buying a shirt or mug , a donation to Red Cross or the Charity of your choice is another good idea.  And soon Easter will be here, I have created some greeting cards,postcards,mugs . You can find them in my store at http://www.zazzle.com/allicor*   click on greeting cards and my mugs are either there or in my mug folder. I have added  a few samples.  Until next time
Chow for now
Allicor

No comments:

Post a Comment