Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Souvenirs and nostalgia

As most of  you know Queen Elizabeth is celebration her diamond jubilee, meaning that she has been on the throne for sixty years. Did you also know that she got married in 1947 and she first met Prince Philip when she was only 13 years old? They met at the wedding of one of Prince Philip's relatives. And did you know that her father King George V1 was not suppose to be the king? His brother Edward V111 gave up the throne for the love of a woman, so George was made king.  The reason I am talking about the royal family, is because a special lady gave me some old papers of the  Royal Family. Seeing as this is a special year for the Queen, I have created a few souvenirs .Her birth, marriage, and other products such as mugs, postcards,stickers, you can find them at http://www.zazzle.com/allicor*  I also have a lovely postcard of the marriage of King George V and Queen Mary. I will share a few items with you.   I have also added a cute genealogy tee shirt .Hope you like today's blog even tho it is short. Until next time have a great day.
Allicor

No comments:

Post a Comment