Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Stories from my Mom.

Hello, I have not blogged for a while but today I feel like sharing a story or two with you. My Mom is 93 years old, she says everyday "Don't look at me as 93, look at me as me." Makes a lot of sense to me.
My Mom has a memory like you wouldn't believe. I can sit and listen to her for hours and hours. Today we were sitting at her kitchen table, and she said: " When I was newly married, I used to make my bread ,and once it was made I would wrap the loaves in a cheesecloth or dish towels, and this paticular day, I went to get a loaf of bread, as I was unwrapping the loaf, didn't this little mouse run up my arm!, I was so scared that for years after that I could still feel those little paws climbing up my arm. Another story she told me, when her two oldest children were little, she had bought a big bag of buckwheat and she had to go hang her clothes on the line, so she told my sister to watch my brother, well when she came back in from hanging her clothes, my brother had gotten into the bag of buckwheat flour and had flour all over her kitchen floor. She was not too pleased with my  sister that time.  Mom told me stories about when I was a baby in a crib that their house was so cold at night, there were cracks in the wall and ceiling and at night time she would pin my blankets with clothes pins so that I would stay wrapped up. Now all these stories to me are treasures to keep and to share. And that is what I am doing. When we lose my Mom we lose her memories, so we need to savor all her memories and share with her descendents. My brother was telling me today, that Mom sees 17 fifth generations, can you believe it? Seventeen!. So I would like to say, if your parents share stories with you, save them, share them. Future generations will want to know about them. Now changing the subject I am adding some images of new products that you can find at http://www.zazzle.com/allicor
New products include placemats, messenger bags, iPad Sleeves, and more.
Enjoy and have a great day
Alicor.

No comments:

Post a Comment