Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Notorious Mom

There is a saying do the crime ,do the time. Have you ever wondered what your parents did when they were young? Have they ever shared things with you? I have had the pleasure of being able to sit down and talk with my Mom. She is 93 years old and with a mind that is unbelievable, so today I went to visit her . What did she do to be notorious? Well keep on reading. Anyway today we were on the subject of mice, and rats to being. Mom was telling me that when my younger brother was a baby, her cat brought in a rat and the rat got away, so Mom grabbed my baby brother put him on a chair and she got on the chair too. Next we began talking about snakes. Now snakes are not my favorite although when I was young the boys thought I wasn't afraid of them, so that was good because that way they never chased me with the snakes. Mom was telling me that when she went to school, the teacher had a cow bell and it rang quite loud and one day her cousin Augustin Pitre went in the field got a little green snake and he curled it under the bell. The teacher came in, lifted the bell to ring it, and lo and behold there was this little green snake looking at her. Of course she was terrified and she made Augustine stay after class. What does this have to do with Mom? Keep reading. I could never imagine my Mom doing something she wasn't suppose to, after all she is my Mom and Mom's don't do these things. Mom continued to say that the teacher was always yelling at them and giving them a hard time, and Mom said the teacher always sat down on a feather filled cushion. One day Mom snuck into class when no one was around and she unsewed the lining of the feather filled cushion and she filled it with TACKS. Now the teacher later came into the classroom, and sat down on her cushion. Mom said she jumped up, and her face was all red. Now the other kids didn't have a clue who would do such a thing to the teacher, or wondered why they didn't have the same idea. Mom sat at her desk as innocent looking as she could, when school was over for the day, the kids all got up to leave. Teacher yells " Flossie sit down" No need to say that Mom was wondering how she knew it was her. Mom said she got the strap on both hands for being a notorious little girl who later grew up to be my very special Mom.
Now I want to share a few of my latest products that you can find in my store at http://www.zazzle.com/allicor*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment