Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Importance of Calendars

 

We take so many things for granted these days but did you ever stop to think of little things? For instance what comes to mind with you hear the word Calendar? Have you ever read anything about them?

Calendars have been around for a very long time, for sure they were around during the time of the Romans.

What is the good of a calendar? Well first of all calendars are used to keep track of the days and weeks. They are used to keep notes of doctors appointments, anniversary dates ,or another other important day.

The calendar is used worldwide. Doctors use them, hospitals, dentists, anyone who needs to make appointments with others use them. Brides to be use them, to make sure that she has everything ready for that day. There are all kinds of calendars to choose from, from animals, to people to places and more.

They make great Christmas gifts because everyone needs a calendar. You can create a calendar with your family photos ,one for each month. You can make a calendar of your pets . What can you do with used calendars ? Well you can cut the pictures out and put them in a frame, you can use them for scrap booking. You can donate them to schools , I am sure the teachers would put them to good use and you can also donate them to nursing homes. You can use them to teach the children their numbers from one to thirty one.

Or you can do like my Mom did, she saved them from year to year. When we thought she was going to go into a nursing home, she started giving away her personal things, and she gave me a calendar of hers ,it was quite old and on each month she had written little notes, like doctors appointment, birthdays, when she bought her car, when she needed an oil change, when my Dad was admitted to the hospital. When a certain person died. It was like a story to me, and like a diary to her. I have saved this calendar and hope someday my grandchildren will appreciate reading it. Mom had all sorts of calendars, some small, some big, some with one page ,some with a page for each month. She loves little children calendars and also cat calendars so for a while we would give her either a cat calendar or children calendar for Christmas. She looked forward to those calendars. I remember two years in a row, I had a calendar made of my grandchildren and I gave them to her. She treasured them and gave them back to me to give to my grandchildren. Mom had a calendar save from the years we were born, and that was a long time ago. I don’t believe calendars will ever fade away, they are needed and they are certainly wanted. I have been creation my new calendars for 2012 ,and I would like to share them with you. If you want to see more go to my store at

http://www.zazzle.com/allicor* click on calendars and enjoy and remember it is not to early to order them so they will arrive in time for Christmas.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment