Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

School Time will soon be here

Yes school time is fast approaching and that means there are a lot of parents and grandparents out there hurrying to prepare the children. First of all there are the school supplies, books,binders,pencils,markers,erasers,dictionaries,etc. I remember shopping for my son ,back then it wasn't like it is today. We did not need kleenex, special shoes for gym, and all the different scribblers. Then I did some shopping later on for my grandchildren. Wow, what a difference that was. They needed everything and the prices were expensive,so I waited and watched the sales, or flyers and as soon as something they needed came on sale, off to the store I would go. I am wondering today if I saved or not, because everytime I went to the store it cost me gas money. grin.I don't know how parents with big families do it,although thanks to the grandparents who do help out with the shopping list.
Now that is not all, the kids need money, money for their dances, their proms, their activities. Then there are clothes to buy for school. I remember when I was little and on the first day of school, Mom had a new outfit for me, usually she made it but I am sure sometimes she bought me outfits. She shared with me that when she was little ,her family lived in the country and my grandmother would order from the Eaton's catalogs and Mom and her siblings always had a new outfit for the first day of school. How many of you remember our bookbags ? They were much different than the backpacks they have today. And not as fancy either.  How many of your ladies remember going to school in the winter time with the snow over our knees and we had to wear skipants under our dress, and arriving at school had to remove them? Or having our parents tie a scarf around our nose and mouth to keep us warm while walking to school? Ah those were the days, we used to fall in the snow on our way to school, throw snowballs at one another and get to school all full of that white snow. Great memories. So getting back to shopping, I have created a lot of different designs for children shoes, I will share some with you, but I have many more in my shoe folder for you to look at, also I have children's tee shirts, and hoodies in my children folder  at http://www.zazzle.com/allicor*   ,If you have students going to high school check out my hats and tee shirts too. I thank you for stopping by and hope to see you soon, enjoy my store, here are a few pairs of shoes I want to share with you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment