Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

What is Christmas really about?

Christmas is a major holiday celebrated all around the world. Some celebrate Christmas ,some do not.I am one of the ones who does. Christmas to me has always been special. When I was growing up, there was nothing that I enjoyed better than going to the midnight mass and seeing the beautiful service and the little manger in front of the church. To me this was beautiful, and when I got married this tradition keep going on, we would go to midnight mass, my turkey would be in the oven, and after the mass we would see our friends outside and wish one another a Merry Christmas. I always loved decorating my home, and I have a manger I set up every Christmas. I know Christmas is for family and friends, and a tree and presents, but also it is giving from the heart, many people gives something to strangers, to the needy ,to the hungry, and I am sure God is pleased with all of this. One Christmas my genealogy group and I donated some toys to two local hospitals and it did feel so good knowing that because of us some little child was happy or smiling. These photos I just posted are from my store, they can be found in my christmas folder at http://www.zazzle.com/allicor*
But getting back to my title What Christmas is all about? Well it is about remembering that Christ our Lord was born on Christmas Day. And also being with friends and family if possible.If you are away and cannot be home for Christmas, pick up the phone, or talk on the internet to family and friends.
Chow for now
Allicor

No comments:

Post a Comment