Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What is Love all about?

We hear that word so very often LOVE. The dictionary defines it as "affection". We can love many things  such as foods, nature,hobbies,sports. But the ohhhhhhhh love is the love we have for one another, the love we have for our families. We need love to survive, we crave it, without love we are lonely. No matter how old we are or we get, love is very important. I should have mentioned earlier we also need the love of God to help us in our lives. We need to believe in Love. We fall in love and we get married have children and we love them with all our hearts. We love our pets, they are a part of our family. I would like share a little story about love that I read in a book. It is not a true story but interesting to read. But first of all I would like to mention about lovers planning on gettng married , before they get married there are preparations , invitations to send, and wedding to plan and then after the wedding ,thank you cards to send. I am going to add some of my product images and you can find them by going into my greeting card folder and clicking on wedding at http://www.zazzle.com/allicor
Now for the story: Some say the course of true love never runs smooth, (I heard that saying many times) Such was surely the case of two star crossed lovers late in the 18th century. The young lady was named Madelyn Gallant. She lived with her parents in a tiny village called Blue Cove. Those who knew her believed she was the most beautiful young lady in the entire village. She was so popular that she  was courted continuously by the young Naval Officers who were stationed nearby. yet Madelyn loved only one man. A handsome merchant named Tom Charlebois  from another village  many miles away. Mister Charlebois loved Madelyn
with an equal ardor and eventually a wedding date was set. It promised to be the most lavish event ever held in the village. Sadly a few weeks before the wedding,Madelyn contracted typhoid fever and died. This tragedy took place when her husband to be Tom was on his way to Blue Cove happy and not aware his future bride to be had died. Imagine his horror when he heard the shocking news! Wordlessly he went back home and took to his bed. There three days later he died. No cause of death was ever  found ,although many said  he died of a broken heart. I hope you enjoyed this little tale and I do hope you will go check out my gallery at the url I posted. Until next time.
Chow for now
Allicor
I

No comments:

Post a Comment