Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Camping Trips

Today I am going to blog about something funny ,well funny in a way about a camping trip we were on.
This was long ago, and we were three couples who decided to go to this camp which was very isolated and the only way into the camp was on a trolley on a train track.

And the men knew a retired trackmaster who owned the camp and he knew all the train schedules so we had to time our crossing in between the trains. I remember we had to cross this big Threstle, when you looked down the trees were like those little trees you buy at the craft shop. One of our friends made us laugh because on the way in across that threstle, he had a few drinks and  I can still remember he wore shorts and one of those hats that the people in the alps wear and he was saying "when you're hot, you're hot, while crossing over but on the way back he was sober and he was holding on for dear life when he looked down.

Getting back to my story, we arrived at the camp, and settled in, the men wanted to go fishing the next day. It was the first time I had gone to such a place and at night time it was pitch black, all I could think of was bears ,coyotes,wolves. So us ladies went to the outhouse outback with a flashlight and each other.
Now the next day the men went out fishing and us three ladies stayed behind, and we were chatting to pass the time. And we started talking about "What if! What if some men came around? What would we do? Where would we go? And we were really getting into this. All of a sudden one of the ladies looked out the window towards the railroad tracks. Oh No! she said, I see someone on the tracks out there. They are coming this way. What are we gonna do? So we were really scared, no men to protect us. One of the ladies grabbed a poker, and we decided to run and hide in the woods, another lady went to get her nerve pills and I put out the lights and into the woods we fled. Now one of the ladies wore a pair of bright yellow pants, and I mean bright and here we were the three of us hiding among some large ferns and the lady in Yellow stands up behing a small tree and we said get down, she said I want to see where they are going!
Well the men just walked on by, and we said we are not going to tell our men about this are we? No way!
As soon as we saw our husbands we ran to them and blurted out the whole story, Did the men every laugh and come to find out the men we saw had a camp further up the track.
I hope you liked today's blog and I added three images of some of my products , you can find these in my animal folder and humor folder at http://www.zazzle.com/allicor*   Also I would like to add that until October 31 my business cards which can be found in my greeting card folder are 50%off, the Code for them at the checkout to get the discount is CRDS4SELLERS
Chow for now
Allicor

No comments:

Post a Comment