Search This Blog

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Relaxation and Genealogy

 

Well today is Saturday, all day yesterday I thought it was Friday. That’s what happens when a person has a lot on his or her mind. It is nice sometimes to take a day off and go relax, with a good book or go get frustrated with a game of Bingo. Grin. Even reading a book is a good way to relax. I have an entire bookcase full of books. But my books are all Acadian related, stories about places some of my ancestors lived, some little stories about some of them and I also have books on Cajuns . If you are into genealogy or family trees and you have Acadian lines in your family tree, well I would highly recommend the two volumes of books by Stephen White called DGFA . He has all the first Acadian ancestors in his books.Along with some descendants, if you connect to where he stopped you got it made. At the moment these books can be viewed or ordered through inter library loans. Mister White is in the process of publishing more of these books and he is also working on the sequel to these books. In other words the continuation of them. I am anxious to purchase those. Now I also have English blood running through my veins. My paternal side came from England, both my grandfather and grandmother had English blood and they married into the Acadian bloodlines. When I was tracing my grandmother’s surname Chase I looked for information on the first guy who came to New Brunswick, all I could learn for a while was that he was a stranger in the village and he married a Girouard girl. Well that wasn’t enough for me so I kept digging. One day I was in the land grants looking for information for someone else and lo and behold I found an article on a group of men who applied for land in Chocpish near Ste Anne and didn’t I find Abraham?

Yes it was my Abraham but his last name was spelled CHATE. Wow! Now was that a typo? A misspelling?

And on his marriage it stated he was the son of another Abraham and Nanette Rose. Keep digging Aline.

I checked the latter day saints site for an Abraham Chase son of Abraham , none to be found next I tried Abraham Chate and yes up came Abraham Chate son of Abraham Chate and Ann. Now Nanette is a nickname for Annette or Ann. The dates all fit and I had some help from someone from the same line who was in Australia and also someone from England and I have the Chate line traced back to the late 1500s.

I also found the marriage of Abraham and Ann, and it turns out she was a Bennett. They married in London England and settled in Deptford Kent England and had three children besides Abraham. The search goes on. Now that I blogged this article I feel very relaxed. Grin. Now changing the subject a little , are you wondering what to get for your family and friends for Christmas? Well first of all why don’t you make them a family tree book? I have some nice binders in my store that would make a nice cover. Get some loose leafs and some page protectors and make the book add some photos . I also have lots of genealogy products hats that you can add their first or last names on, I have mugs, t-shirts, posters ,lots of Acadian and Cajun products. I have Scottish Tartan products with different surnames. I am going to post a few urls and you can click on them or just go to my main gallery and check out my genealogy folder, hat folders, Acadian/cajun folder and clans , if you don’t see anything there , check all my cards and other folders.

Binder:

Tee Shirt

Hat

Mugs & Steins

Posters

Chow for now
Allicor

No comments:

Post a Comment