Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Scams plus my latest products

I am sure many of you have come across scam emails. You get an email that you

Have won some money? How did they get your name to win that money? Or you get an email from your Bank, saying they need some information from you! Your bank would not do that on line. Another Scam. Another email says I am from the Ivory Coast and want to be friends with you and then you get their sad story and they need money! Uh uh don’t send any. A friend of yours is in England and needs money to get home: all the while he is next door. Grin. Now one that has recently surfaced happened to someone close to me. They had advertised something on the Kijji classified site. The cost was 200 dollars, the reply said they wanted to buy it, could they ship out the product and they would be sending a money order soon.

Well the money order arrived but instead of 200 dollars it was for 1500 dollars with instructions to deposit the money order into the bank take out the 200 dollars and ship the rest to a shipping company who would pick up the parcel. So when the person got to the bank they discovered it was a scam,there was no return address on the envelope either. It is a good thing the bank did not cash it and a good thing the product wasn’t shipped. So a bit of advice be careful everywhere. I advertise on Kijiji all the time and I also bought things there without any problems but scam artists are everywhere they even go to your door trying to give you a deal so they say. Seniors are vulnerable but so is everyone else. Never ever ever give out your passwords, bank account information, or personal information on line or anywhere else. Something else that is going on , online is some scammers are stealing emails and posing as us and sending out messages to our friends, some contain spam and some contain viruses. It is such a shame that these things are happening all around us. Is it not? Ok now it is time for me to let you know I have been creating more products and I am sharing my lastest with you, you can find all these products in my Christmas Folder, Genealogy folder and look through my other folders for more at

http://www.zazzle.com/allicor*

No comments:

Post a Comment