Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

Getting Ready

Hello everyone, well today I would like to talk about the holidays again. How many of you remember past Christmases? I bet there are lots of great memories and maybe a few sad ones too. My christmases when I was a little girl, I remember my father coming home with tree, he must have cut it down himself back then. It was usually a big tree. I remember Mom had these hugs bulbs of different colors and she had large bells too. She had these big icicles she would add on and she gave me one of them which I still have today and I put it on my tree. I remember one time we lived in a two story house and where the stovepipe ran, there was a hole big enough from upstairs where we slept to be able to look downstairs and on christmas eve I remember looking down to see if I could see Santa. But he was a smart one, he made sure I did not see him. grin. On Christmas morning ,the first thing we did was head for our stockings. Mine was a long brown stocking and it was filled with oranges,apples,barley toys, candy ribbon and nuts. I liked the walnuts and Brazil nuts. Then we opened our gifts. We didn't have lots of them, I came from a family of 7 and Mom always had some extra children she would take care of. So we had one big present and a few small ones, and my grandmother used to give each one of us a present she would begin shopping right after Christmas for the following one, and even if I got a pair of stockings or a hankerchief it was important to me, and do you know that when my grandmother passed away I missed her giving me a gift!.  When I grew up and got married, Christmas was still important to me. I would decorate my house from top to bottom  the ceilings, the windows and years ago we had tons of Christmas Cards, back then it cost 1 cent to mail a card, so we would get 100s of cards and I remember putting them all around my door frames ,window frames and it looked very nice. It is a shame that it cost so much to mail cards now days. A suggestions that we could all do is put the Christmas Cards into the gifts or deliver the local ones and slip them in the mailboxes. I am not saying this to discourage mailing because now we are creating some gorgeous postage stamps, and they are USA Postage Stamps. And a sheet of these to send to close friends and family would be a great idea. My point was that it was cheaper to mail back then but we have to move on with the times. I created quite a few postage stamps, many to match carts or postcards and there are beautiful postage stamps among other store owners . I will be happy when we are quite a few followers here so that I can talk about other stores along with my blog. I hope I am getting some of you in the pre holiday mood, right after Halloween our stores will be decorating for Christmas the outdoor lights will be going on the houses. So now is not too early to start getting ready, if you have your Christmas or Post Cards ordered and received then you can even start addressing them. Everyone needs tags and stickers too, I know we can get a lot of this at the dollar stores but  it is nice giving something that everyone doesn't have the same kind!
So if you are window shopping please come see my gallery, if you don't feel like going to my main gallery, see what i have added on my website, http://www.allicorshop.acadian-roots.com/   but just a note to say you will find a lot on my website but even MORE in my gallery http://www.zazzle.com/allicor*  , To all you store owners out there it doesn't only have to be zazzle it can be other stores , come follow me. Your stores could be included later in my blogs.
And to all you readers come follow me, it is free , and all you will see will be my blogs.
Anyway thanks for listening do stop by again
Aline aka Allicor

No comments:

Post a Comment